Thursday, July 16, 2009

not drama really, just annoyed!

A guilty pleasure that i've not yet gotten to use is our new easy up pool. We take it out of the box and dump it on the ground. THEN we read the directions (that is how it normally goes). 2 hours in sunlight then 1/2 inch of water to make sure the ground is level (it isn't) and then move it until it is (we didn't). I really should have taken pictures but let's just say a pool half the height it was intended is NOT what i call a pool. I call it a bug bath because that is what they are using it for.

so, we are going to have company next week. My sister and her children who wake up every morning saying "Margaret's pool" over and over. Now, the pool has been turned over on it's self to drain. I climbed in the pool clothed to pull the inner plug once it was hooked up to a hose (i had hopes of watering the garden (the easy way) but.....). After hauling buckets over and over I got the little red wagon out of the garage and made about 15 trips with 3 buckets sloshing all over the place. My mom and I didn't even empty 1/3 of the pool.

Long story short, this time my husband will level the ground (tonight) and then fill the pool. hopefully it works or a neighbor (3 miles away) will get an impromptu visit from me asking how in the world their easy up pool actually made it up and didn't get sent back to the manufactor.

promises to miss kitty and sydvishous that the pool will have water in it when they arrive, I just can't promise the need of a ladder to get in and out of the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment