Saturday, July 18, 2009

My day out (alone)

I have to say i had a lot of fun yesterday driving around by myself which usually doesn't happen. i hate to drive, anywhere. A quilt shop was having a sale and i had found some dotted fabric there about 3 weeks ago. I walk in and *gasp* they had rearranged their fabric display. I think i'm not the only one who HATES that. I didn't find the fabric so i saved myself some money.

I did find 3 bolts of red/white for my little quilt. one was stripped so it gave me around 8 prints for the cost of 1. i usually dislike fabrics like that but in this case it is perfect!

I purchased a brown to go with the queen quilt i'm sewing for my DH. again, i usually dislike batic fabric but it matched in the sunlight. so instead of cutting and sewing yesterday and today i've spent the time browsing quilters blogs and putting up the pool.

This is the cool part. I found 2 outdoor play toys for $8 each. the sad part was the GW was having a garage sale but NOT during the hours i was there. they wouldn't sell the items at the discounted price within a 30 minute window after the fact. I figured why not have an all day sale instead of splitting it up. Oh well, now I need to sanitize the toys so they are ready for Tuesday. Another thing i found (they sold it seperate instead of with the outdoor toys) was an outside chair for kids. I thought "oh great, they will fight over the chair but atleast there will be a chair".

I was gone for 6 hours and met my DH for lunch for the first time sence we were married. Fun fun fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment